Say hello to some of the best florist in Colorado. I have fallen in love with their ability to bring color and texture to their arrangements. They also seem to find some rarely used yet beautiful flower I have never seen before. They also pride themselves on their great service.
I met Erin back when I first started my photography business. I wanted to put together a styled shoot and was so nervous to reach out to her to help with the florals. Lucky for me she said yes and I have gotten to work with her many times since! I was drawn to Plum Sage not only because their arrangements are so creative but also because they are environmentally minded. Erin used to work on an organic farm and brings that mindset to Plum Sage by trying to source as many organic and local florals as she can.
I asked Erin a few questions to learn more about her and her team at Plum Sage:
- What do you love most about your job? Being surrounded by fresh and beautiful product daily.
- What advice do you have for couples? Remember that it’s YOUR day when faced with outside opinions.
- What do you wish brides asked for more often? “What would you suggest that’s unique and beautiful?”
- Why is it important for couples to hire a florist? We are responsible for not only the maintenance of beautiful blooms but the mechanics of design. And again.. this job is pretty physical!
- What are your favorite types of weddings to be a part of? We just love when a couple is in love.
- So you have a signature style? We tend to create rustic and vintage often, but we love them all!
- What makes you different from other florists? Our customer service, attention to detail, design skills and fresh concepts.
- What is your favorite wedding blog? We enjoy Style Me Pretty, Ruffled, Once Wed and Green Wedding Shoes.
- Why did you decide to become a florist? I didn’t really decide, it just sort of happened while I was working on my “real” career in medicine. It’s corny, but it was very organic.
- What is your favorite season for florals? Spring is wonderful as so many of the available bulb flowers are fragrant and colorful, but when fall approaches we are ready to switch to rich colors and texture so the berries and mums are delightful then too.
- Any new trends you are excited about? We love that clients are requesting lush, asymmetrical arrangements that have more movement, greenery and texture.
- What can couples do to make sure they take full advantage of all you offer? We walk them through our process so we truly feel we communicate well with our clients and reach full potential with their orders based on their style preference and budget.
- Why have your chosen to offer more environmentally friendly floral options? We simply need to take care of Mama Earth.
- What are three words that best describe your businesses style?
Integrity, creativity and detail-oriented.
And if you were hoping to narrow down your search by asking Erin her favorite flower you wouldn’t narrow it down at all. Here was her reply, “Peonies! And parrot tulips. And water lilies… and hyacinth… and sweet peas.” Apparently she loves them all. Can you blame her?